Doodles in the margin from an artist living and working in the Scottish Borders.

Tuesday 15 May 2012

The Caretaker.

New 'scape' drawing, 'The Caretaker.'

Pencil on A3 paper. 


It started off as two thumbnail doodles;


then this;


 then this;


neither of which I liked, so I went back to pencil. I like pencil. It's an odd amount of graft for something I'm a bit indifferent about now that it's actually finished. I read an article about pencil techniques after I'd finished which warned that pencil drawings can be almost photographic but oddly lacking in life, which I think is what's happened here. There's not a lot of life in it, and it's compositionally quite confused. I've done a few of these kinds of image now and not really felt that I've caught what I was aiming at yet.

And you have to look closely to find the title but he's there;


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails